Saturday 19 September 2009

The things we'll do to raise funds!

With my 65th birthday coming up, I thought I should contribute to Outsiders fundraising event SHOWCASE by doing a performance. I've collected a troupe together, planned our act, and it's going to be sensational. The famous disabled dancer, Caroline Bowditch and pole dancer Chiqui as well as naughty Santi, Mouse and Tom.

So I went off to the local fitness expert on the Black Isle, a lovely black girl called Linda Bailey, to prepare the body for what will be some, shall we say, unusual moves. She set me a routine which I've been doing religiously on my front balcony, looking over the Cromarty Firth.

Soon, I realised something was wrong. The Achilles tendon that was not broken some years ago seems to have decided it's had enough. It's not snapped, just unhappy. So I'm now hobbling around the croft, hoping to recover.

I don't suppose the audience will mind if I hobble but I want to look my best.

Look out for tickets being on sale soon on www.nightofthesenses.com for the event planned for 1st February 2010.

And if any famous person reading this would like to do an act - let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment